Parental Involvement Policy
We appreciate and welcome volunteers!
If you would like to volunteer at our school or in your child's classroom, FUESD requires the following forms to be completed and a current TB test clearance to be on file. TB test dates are good for 4 years. Please stop by the school office to return these forms and TB test to the school secretary. Thank you again for wanting to volunteer at our school and to make a difference!
• You need to sign the attached Volunteer Code of Conduct
form if you are going to be a regular volunteer.
• Always have your ID available.
• You need to volunteer in the classroom or classroom(s) you are
• Ask questions if you do not feel confident in operating the
machinery available to you on campus.
• Wear appropriate clothing when working with children.
• Please do not bring younger siblings while you are volunteering
in the classroom.
• Be professional and confidential in your conversations. Items
you may overhear are to remain confidential.
• Allow staff members and teachers to correct students, except
in life-threatening or emergency situations.
• Always have another adult in the room with you when working
• Use positive and professional language when referring to
school, staff, or other families.
• Always act in the best interest of all students.
Please remember our 7 Habits
o Be Proactive
o Begin with the End in Mind
o Put First Things First
o Think Win-Win
o Seek First To Listen, Then to Be Understood
o Sharpen the Saw